6 Basic Things to Know as a Vehicle Owner
The freedom of owning a car is unlike anything else. Cars take us to and from leisure, work, the grocery store, almost anywhere we can imagine. However along with being a lesson in independence, cars are also a lesson in responsibility. Knowing how to properly take care of your car is essential to keeping it properly running over time, and knowing some simple car maintenance skills can save you both time and money when it comes to car maintenance. Because of this, we here at Premiere Coach Works have created a list of a few things every car owner should know before kicking the tires and hopping behind the wheel!
- The Basic Specs of Your Vehicle – Knowing the year, make, and model of your car is essential. It will ensure that you can identify your car to your insurance provider in order to receive proper coverage, and is also important when dealing with mechanics or buying parts for your vehicle.
- How to Replace Your Windshield Wipers – When weather strikes, you need proper windshield wipers to stay safe, so make sure you know when and how to change your wiper blades. This can be helpful not only in replacing old blades, but also in the event that your wipers become unattached while in use.
- How to Check Your Tire Pressure – Proper tire pressure means better gas mileage, longer tire life, and less chance of blowouts. Make sure you know what proper tire pressure is for both hot and cold weather, and know how to properly inflate your tires when they are low or deflate them when they are high.
- How to Fix a Flat Tire – A flat tire can leave you stranded if you do not know how to properly put on your spare tire. Knowing where your jack is located, how it works, and how to properly remove your flat tire and secure your spare is essential knowledge for a quick fix to get you back on the road and to a proper tire center.
- How to Jump start Your Vehicle – Accidentally leaving your lights on or not fully closing your doors are common mistakes that can lead to a dead battery. Knowing where your battery is located and how to jump your car are general skills that can save you time and future problems with your vehicle. Always carry a pair of jumper cables in your vehicle, and know how to properly attach them to your vehicle when jump starting.
The next time your vehicle is in need of body work, mechanical service, or RV repair give us a call at Premier Coach Works Auto & RV Body Shop. We will provide you with outstanding service and you will leave feeling good that you gave us a call. For service appointments or questions about our services please call us at: (623) 935-6678.