Hungry for an Easy RV Interior Upgrade? Add A Backsplash
The kitchen and bathroom are two of the most important spaces in your RV. It’s important for these high-traffic areas to be clean and functional. And yet, even with a new RV, the decor can easily look outdated and bland. So if you’re itching to take on an RV interior upgrade project, then these two spaces are great places to start. Even if you don’t consider yourself a handy person, you are likely to find this an easy RV interior upgrade project to tackle and tackle well.
The Basics of Choosing a Backsplash Material & Project
- Materials that are easy to install. We chose the following suggestions because they are easy to install; RV owners should be able to handle them without any special experience or big inventory of tools.
- Easy to maintain. Backsplash materials are designed to protect walls from ugly food splatterings and water stains. Therefore, they should likewise be easy to clean and maintain.
- RV-friendly. Finally, when choosing backsplash materials for use in RV interior upgrade projects, it’s vital that they be lightweight to keep your total RV weight down and durable. Any building material you install must be capable of withstanding the regular jouncing that occurs when your motorhome is underway and on the go.
Backsplash Material Ideas for Your RV Interior Upgrade Project
- Vinyl wallpaper. Vinyl wallpaper like this NextWall Faux Brick Peel and Stick product is a great way to completely transform the look of the backsplash area in just a few minutes. Plus, it’s easy to wipe clean and, being little more than paper, adds essentially no weight at all. Or, for those with a bit more peel, line-up and stick patience, consider these Wall Tile Vinyl Decal Stickers that are verifiably waterproof and give offer a more unique touch.
- Peel and stick tile. If you want a bit more substance with your backsplash, then consider one of the many Peel & Stick Backsplash tiles available. This type of backsplash material has really grown in popularity over the last couple of years and can be found in just about any big box home improvement store or online. It’s easy to install and really gives the impression of larger, more substantive tiles without the weight.
- Tin ceiling tiles. Do you have a more country or rural aesthetic? Maybe you love mosaics and patchworked items? If so, then consider creating your own unique backsplash out of tin ceiling tiles. You might opt for this sample pack via American Tin Ceilings or select a pack of your favorite colors or design. A silicone adhesive can be used to easily adhere the tin tiles to the RV wall.
Is Your Interior Upgrade Not Going as Planned? Contact Us!
Adding these backsplash materials may be an easy project, but we know that not every RV interior upgrade project is. If you’re having trouble with new wiring, a furniture installation, or any other big project, you can always contact our team for guidance!