Polishing Your Vehicle
Keeping your vehicle clean has multiple benefits not only for today, but all the way up to when you decide to sell. Proper detailing protects your vehicle from destruction over time, which means that when it’s time to upgrade, you are able to receive more money for your car or truck. It is also a way to protect your paint from the elements and preserve your cars shine. Polishing must be done correctly however, as improper techniques can lead to streaks, swirls, and unsightly residue. Because polishing your vehicle is such an important part of keeping your car looking showroom pristine, we have taken the time to explain the proper steps to a perfect shine. Check them out!
- The first part of preparation is to thoroughly wash your vehicle. This removes surface dirt and contaminants that can damage your paint and hinder the polishes ability to make your car shine. Always use a soft sponge and the proper automotive cleaning solvent to ensure that your vehicle is not scratched during the wash.
- The second step in preparation is to use a bar of detailing clay to remove other blemishes such as sap or tar from the surface of your vehicle.
- Next, dry your vehicle with a microfiber towel or a shammy, making sure that you are not scratching the paint. Make sure that no residue from the towel has been left on the vehicle surface before proceeding.
- Now it’s time to apply the polish. Using a fresh application pad, apply a light layer of polish to a small area, waxing on and then off. Repeat this throughout the cars surface, Work the polish onto the vehicle one small section at a time. Use overlapping, varied strokes that will ensure the edges of any subsurface defects are evenly rounded, and will allow sufficient time for the polish abrasives to break down.
- Buff off the remaining film of polish residue using a clean, dry towel, and you’re all done!
The next time your vehicle is in need of body work, mechanical service, or RV repair give us a call at Premier Coach Works Auto & RV Body Shop. We will provide you with outstanding service and you will leave feeling good that you gave us a call. For service appointments or questions about our services please call us at: (623) 935-6678.