You’re cruising down the road toward your vacation destination. Your mobile home is running well, everybody’s ready for some well-deserved rest & relaxation, and there’s not a care in the world.
Then suddenly, it happens – an RV tire blowout. So much for a care-free vacation!
Nobody wants to experience an RV blowout. The inconvenience factor is only the beginning. RV tire blowout damage can cause expensive repairs, from a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars. Let’s look at how RV tire blowouts happen, what kind of damage can occur and how Premier Coach Works can help.
RV Tire Blowout Causes
The main cause of RV blowouts is under-inflated tires. Yet three other factors can also come into play, including:
- Overloaded RV. If you’re RV is over capacity (in terms of either total weight or total passengers), or you’re towing a car, the resulting weight can cause one or multiple tire blowouts.
- Road condition / road debris. Potholes, chucks of concrete from road construction, branches – roads present significant hazards for RVs, and traveling over road debris or potholes is one of the most common ways your RV tire can blowout.
- Old tires. Even if your tires look good on the outside, that doesn’t mean everything’s OK on the inside. Dry rot can be hard to spot on the surface of your RV tires. Old tires can also show worn treads, uneven wear and sidewall damage. Always check your tire pressure, condition and tread before heading out on your next road trip.
Damage from RV Tire Blowouts
A tire blowout can cause serious damage to your RV. Aside from the tire and wheel, an RV tire blowout usually impacts other parts of a mobile home. Here is a partial list of other RV components that may be ruined from a tire blowout:
- Steering system
- Exhaust system
- Engine components (from impact or road debris)
- Wheel well
- Mobile home body (exterior, insulation, slide-outs, etc.)
- Waterproofing (rubber seals, weatherproofing material, etc.)
- Brake wiring
- Water lines
Don’t Let Motor Home Tire Blowouts Keep You Off the Road – Contact Premier Coach Works Today!
Premier Coach Works performs more RV blowout repairs than any other repair service, and we are ready to help you too. We offer 24/7 accident assistance, including RV recovery service and towing. If you experience an RV tire blowout, contact our shop and we’ll assist you right away. Regardless of the severity of your RV tire blowout, we can help. Minor blowouts can be fixed on the spot, assuming your RV has no other damage. If your RV suffered structural, electrical or mechanical damage from a tire blowout, we’ll transport your RV to our shop and get you back on the road as quickly as possible!
Premier Coach Works has helped hundreds of people with RV tire blowouts, and we can help you, too! Call us today at 623-935-6678, or check out our contact page for more information. You can also get a quote for all types of RV tire blowout damage. Thanks for visiting Premier Coach Works!