What to Do After an Auto Accident
An auto accident can be a devastating and emotional experience for anyone to go through. In this day and age, we rely on our vehicles more than ever, so having them taken away for even a short period of time can be a frustrating experience. If you’re involved in a car accident, knowing the right steps to take can help you get back on the road as fast as possible.
- First, always call 911 if you believe anyone may be hurt.
- Locate your insurance information and exchange info with anyone else involved in the accident. In addition to insurance information, also exchange name, contact information, and driver’s license info.
- Stay at the scene of the accident until the police come. Make sure you get the name of the officer and that they have your story on what happened.
- Be sure to report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Even if the accident is minor, it is in your best interest to contact them.
- Review your policy, and if you don’t understand it, call your agent until you get clear answers to your questions.
- Lastly, you will need to have the damage to your vehicle assessed by an established auto body repair shop. Although the money for the repairs may be coming from the insurance company, keep in mind that you are in control of who will repair your vehicle.
If you’ve been in a car accident, there is no better place to go than Premier Coach Works Auto & RV Shop. We pride ourselves on being your one-stop shop for all your auto body repair needs, including collision repair, custom automotive painting, paint restoration and insurance claims. Our staff is experienced in helping to walk you through the entire process of repairing and restoring your car to make it a bit easier on you.
To request a quote, contact us today!