5 Hot Weather Problems That May Require an Auto Body Shop
The weather is starting to heat up, and as it does, more of us are starting to make those summer plans that will take us to cooler mountains and water-based adventures. But before you make those plans, keep in mind that hot weather can have negative consequences when it comes to one’s vehicle. This makes now a great time to have a checkup at your local auto body shop, where the mechanic will ensure you aren’t plagued by the following things:
5 Hot Weather Problems That Might Require an Auto Body Shop
- Check the coolant level and prevent overheating. It’s incredibly important to make sure your vehicle’s coolant is topped off before heading off on any long road trips. Coolant is necessary to prevent your vehicle’s engine from overheating.
- A faulty air conditioner will make the whole family frustrated. You don’t want to drive down Route 66 in the height of summer without a working air conditioner. The Southeast gets notoriously hot and without a working air conditioner, your family is likely to become miserable pretty quickly. An auto body shop can check your vehicle’s AC fuses and blower motor to ensure that all is in good working order.
- Inspect the battery and terminals. Extreme heat can negatively impact lifespan and quality of your RV’s batteries — both the battery that operates the vehicle itself and any battery banks you have for your lifestyle needs. Have your auto mechanic inspect for any signs of corrosion and ensure your RV batteries are properly charging and discharging.
- Tires checked and realigned. Tires will react to both hot air and hot pavement temperatures. The best way to ensure your tread stays intact is to have your RV realigned and the tire pressure checked before you hit the road this summer.
- Pack emergency equipment. This is a good thing to check every time you hit the road, but making it a part of your seasonal check is a great way to ensure it gets done. A summer road trip emergency equipment kit would include flashlights, road flares, candles, water, and non-perishable food.
Schedule Your Next Car or RV Appointment at Our Auto Body Shop
Are you ready to hit the road but want to make sure your vehicle is equipped to tackle the summer heat? Contact our team today at Premier Coach Works to schedule a visit and to learn more about the various RV auto body shop services we provide.